On September 11, 2019, the Mayo Civic Center and Convention and Visitors Bureau Corporation recommended two companies for their services at the Mayo Civic Center in Rochester, Minnesota. After the consideration of many competitive proposals by meeting and events industry service providers, the Corporation recommended SMG, a worldwide entertainment and convention venue management company, for venue operations and management and Spectra, award-winning culinary and venue catering experts, for exclusive food and beverage services at the Mayo Civic Center beginning in January of 2020.
The next step will be a period of negotiation between the Corporation and each of these recommended service providers to finalize contracts. Pending these finalized agreements, the goal is to have both SMG and Spectra begin their five-year terms providing essential services in the Mayo Civic Center on January 1, 2020 and report to the Corporation’s President and Board throughout their tenure as third-party operators.
NEW SERVICE PROVIDERS. NO WORRIES.
The Corporation Board is excited with this change to venue operations as well as food and beverage services at Mayo Civic Center. By creating long-term agreements with each of the recommended companies, this will help create the best possible experience for clients who book and hold events in the facility. Many of the people you have worked with in the past are available to help you navigate the changes and ensure successful events.
NEW PARTNERSHIP ELEVATES CIVIC CENTER EVENTS
The Board has decided to use private management at the Mayo Civic Center for a number of reasons including:
- Industry Expertise - SMG operates in many venues across the US and the world. This experience and access to the best staff and newest resources will be an asset to the Mayo Civic Center.
- Concerts & Entertainment - SMG has relationships with agents and promoters of touring performers and will bring Rochester, MN to the attention of entertainment bookers.
- Efficiency - SMG will offer the Civic Center customized solutions and improve the efficiency of operations overall.
- Customer Service - SMG was selected for their excellent customer service to event planners. They can provide a single point of contact to streamline communication at every stage of the event planning and execution.
- Business Growth - SMG has industry connections to meeting and event planners. These relationships along with the convention center addition at the Mayo Civic Center will make Rochester, MN more competitive with other large cities in booking new events and meetings.
ONE ONSITE CATERER WITH LOCAL PARTNERSHIPS
- Onsite Access - Spectra will operate onsite at the Mayo Civic Center which will allow for greater flexibility in adjusting to any and all challenges and last-minute menu or food service changes.
- Client Convenience - The entire booking, event management, and catering management will be simplified. Meeting planners will meet with their sales manager, event coordinator, and catering manager at the same time to coordinate the successful execution of their meeting or event.
- Local Cuisine - Spectra will partner with Rochester, MN chefs, breweries, coffee houses, and farmers to highlight locally-grown produce and the best local cuisine to highlight the city’s unique food culture.
- Teamwork - Spectra will build a team of knowledgeable staff familiar with the facility’s capacities, layouts, and workflows to allow for smooth food and beverage services during all types of events.
- Competitive Rates - Spectra and SMG will work together to create packaged rates that are more cost-effective and attractive to event planners.
The Rochester City Council created the Mayo Civic Center and Convention and Visitors Bureau Corporation in December of 2018. The Corporation is governed by a Board of Directors which was formed in June of 2019. The responsibilities of this new governing body include destination marketing for the City of Rochester as well as meeting sales and management of the Mayo Civic Center. The Board’s recommendations for venue management and food service contract recommendations from the Board are an important step in the changes taking place throughout 2019 to transition to the new governance model.
Should you have additional questions about how these changes will impact future meetings and events booked at the Mayo Civic Center, reach out to your event coordinator for more information.